Beware of Scammer Responding to Wanted ads

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K2OL, Mar 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K2OL

K2OL Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi All,

I was contacted by a few stations who posted wanted ads for a variety of equipment. They were responded by a scammer using a email josewk9k@gmail.com signing each email with my call. Lucky for these three stations they emailed me prior to payment. Any station receiving emails signed with my call please cross reference with me at WK9K@arrl.net.

Joe

NA7AA and K8MH like this.
  2. W3LMR

W3LMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Joe! I was taken by this scammer -goes by josewk9k@gmail.com Was taken for $115.00 money order. He patrols the wanted ads: His address he gives is Glenda say 3207 Pratt Road Lot 14 Batavia, New York 14020 Be CAREFUL!

K2OL likes this.
  3. K2OL

K2OL Subscriber QRZ Page

So sorry this happened to you. Thank you very much for sharing the details.

4. W0GDS

W0GDS Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a new one SCAMMER online: Using K3EY Curt Krelic and asking for M.O. payment to be sent to GLENNA SAY APT. 615, NO. 1, STATE STREET
    BATAVIA, ny 14202.

5. W0GDS

I sent no funds before checking here and glad I did. Gary W0GDS

K2OL likes this.
  6. W0GDS

SCAMMER Using M.O. address name: Glenna Say Apt 615, No. 1, State Street, Batavia, NY 14202 and this time used K 3 E Y Curt Krelic name and call.

7. W0GDS

In my limited computer snooper skills I think this scammer is using a PING address of 1489464987975
    I have an email from him that can be expanded for programmer search.

8. K2OL

K2OL Subscriber QRZ Page

Was just notified by another ham that the scammer still using MO
    Glenna Say Apt 615 #1 State St. Batavia, NY 14202

Stay alert all

9. VE3TTF

VE3TTF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I was hit by the scammer for $320 money order made out to GLENNA SAY #1 STATE ST BATAVIA NY 14202

STAY ALERT DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU VE3TTF

10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

This is why I prefer to all my wheelings and dealings in person, face to face! And then if the scammer meets me and draws a gun to empty my wallet. He gives me a "YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!!!"; I will tell him to pull the trigger. Cuz, without my money, my life is worthless!!!

KD2ANN likes this.