Beware of rip off and Scams CSI CS108G+ (Xiegu X108G)

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD6ELK, Nov 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KD6ELK

KD6ELK Ham Member QRZ Page

I responded to a POST for an CSI CS108G+ (Xiegu X108G) being sold by a KT7DX,
    I received an email from a KI7JCW stating that he had the radio for sale his email address was kc7jcw@gmail.com. So not catching the callsign difference I replied to the email and asked if he accepted paypal he replied "yes" and asked if I would send him my shipping address and I did. He replied with your address has been noted down for shipping to proceed payment through family and friends to my PayPal address below ki7jcw006@outlook.com. Everything seem ok to me I looked up the KI7JCW it match the name on the email . But after the money was sent the email response stopped I never got the tracking information and the email from the PayPal transaction was even different and said it was from Reputable Properties. At that moment I realized I was scammed and became angry with myself beware of scammers don't let it happen to you!

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Report these two email addresses using spamcop.net by pasting email source into spamcop form. We need to shutdown these email addresses now. did you report this to paypal? I can't believe this guy is still actively getting away with scamming so many people.

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Mike, don't kid yourself.

"This guy" is most certainly a ring of professional con men and scammers.

It's not a single individual.

N6QIC likes this.
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

After the scammer said, "proceed payment through family and friends to my PayPal address" that should have been the stop sign to you that made you call of the deal and walk away. If you sent the money via "friends and family" you just violated Paypal's terms of service and scammed yourself.
    Paypal.jpg

WR2E and N6QIC like this.