ad: NI4L-2

BEWARE of person acting as Stephen Witte KB9FB

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NF4J, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NF4J

NF4J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was contacted by someone saying that he was Stephen Witte - KB9FB, after seeing that I was interested in an LDG Tuner. I ended up processing the payment through PayPal but then I received a notice from PayPal stating that it looked suspicious.

The person that logged in to "collect" the money was a dirtbag named Jerome Oakley...probably another fake name. The end result is that my bank issued a stop payment before the ass hat could collect.

Beware of someone saying that the is Stephen Witte or someone using the following emails: sjwitte118@gmail.com or switte567@outlook.com

I really wish we had a certain "button" we could press to make people like this disappear in to thin air!

Danny - NF4J

2. N9AAK

N9AAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn! I am glad the payment was stopped and you got your money back. I really loathe these scam artists.

NF4J likes this.
  3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

They last logged in on May 29th and the account was updated on 5-14. One post under that call for a tuner for under $250 so there is no callsign in the photos. Account has no email address.

NF4J likes this.
  4. N7KR

N7KR Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same think happen today with this guy. Wanted to sell me MFJ-998 Intellituner for $290 shipped. He was using Newley created OutLook address Kb9fb@outlook.com
    All Hams need to have their email address listed on QRZ.com, etc. These guys troll for people who don't, then create yahoo, Outlook, etc. address & they are off to prey on unsuspecting Hams.
    And sadly the most venerable tends to be the elderly . Stay Safe, Mike Stephens, N7KR

NF4J likes this.
  5. NF4J

NF4J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It took a bit but I did get my money back. The Sorry (!@$%^&*() Person behind this should be glad that we cant put our hands on him...But I am joyed to know that he didn't get u guys.