Beware <jpmorgan.sales@gmail.com> Scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG8EK, May 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KG8EK

KG8EK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I received suspicious emails offering to buy items I had for sale for my asking price plus
    additional money for their "movers".

Here are 2 of their emails I received:

#1: Hello
    Okay I'm willing to add an extra $50 for you to reserve it in my favor.. And I'll be mailing a Cashier check for the payment, and once the bank posts the fund, which shouldn't take more than a day, I'll arrange for the shipping. Let me have your name and address so that I can arrange for the payment

#2: I will like to let you know that the payment will be sent and it will be in excess so it will cover shipment so as soon you get the payment you deduct your asking price and send the remain to my movers so they can pick up asap and just considered this item sold to me. Thanks for your understanding.

This person used a real call but their email address was different from what was listed on QRZ for the call.
    I found an add posted by the Real ham and contacted him. He confirmed the JPMorgan.sales@gmail.com was bogus. The real ham's add was in perfect syntax, my received emails obviously are not. This was the first red flag & started my investigation. My second red flag was the scammers reply ( #2 ) to me did not answer any of the questions in my initial reply. I did not loose anything but a little time. I hope this posting will help do the same for my fellow hams.