BEWARE - Echolink software corrupts computers

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by 2E0GLN, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K1VHF

K1VHF Ham Member QRZ Page

had echo link from start no problem with it go on computer and take out echo link go to restore point on computer and find date to restore point you should have no problem getting back to were you were before installing echo link

2. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

It only corrupts hams.

<rimshot>

3. M0NKA

M0NKA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice,

But does it support USB 3.0 ? ;)

4. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

This sounds like either a registry issue or a more serious probloem with your computer which has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with EchoLink

To confirm this either way, try installing & uninstalling EchoLink from another computer WITH THE SAME OS & see what happens

Best of luck.....

Cheers & 73 :)

BTW.....What is your default search engine & what did it change to? That info. would also be helpful

5. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

Just to name a few but yeah that's what I'm thinking

6. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

Which is why I ALWAYS use REPUTABLE download sites like CNET whenever I can't or don't download from the developer's website directly ;)

7. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

But FUN FUN FUN :)

8. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

You could simply say your frequency is somewhere in the 13 cm band (Which any Ham can get on since it's a Microwave band)
    What do you think a smartphone is?

My router is set to Channel 11 (The last one for routers) which is right in the middle of the 13 cm band (Which again we Hams can use as a Microwave band). As such, take a wild guess as to you think I use for the SSID ;)

9. KF6NFW

KF6NFW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll settle for figuring Echolink out for UBUNTU, otherwise I have never had a problem with Windows version. for anyone that knows how to get it to play nice with linux base, I am using Ubuntu 11.04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.