BEWARE AA1CN FORT KENT ME

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG4MLO, Sep 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3AB

N3AB Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually on QTH.com, the buyer admitted using PayPal's Family and Friends. He also admitted that the alleged seller's PP address was in a different state than the seller was located, and that the PP address given was a business account. Enough red flags to decorate a battleship.

I'm not trying to pick on the buyer. It just goes to show what lengths some thieves will go to swindle someone, and how quickly an unsuspecting buyer can get taken. $2400 isn't chump change.

N6QIC, WB4IVF and KB4QAA like this.
  2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

I just marked the call as SK, and disabled the user account.

We do hate to see calls abused like this, but there really is no way for us to know when someone goes SK. We rely on community reports.

-fred

N5PZJ, K7MH, KA2FIR and 3 others like this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

It sucks to lose that much money for sure. People need to learn this directly from PP's TOS.
    "You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services." That means it is not allowed to pay for an item even to your mom with F/F.
    PP TOS.jpg
    John, WB0MPB

AJ4GQ and KA2FIR like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That rule doesn't apply to me. Its for other people.

W2AAT and WB0MPB like this.
  5. WB0MPB

Yes. I did not copy that part of the TOS!

John, WB0MPB

6. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So we shouldn't use Friends and Family on PayPal to buy things from people we don't know, never met, can't find or who's information doesn't match? Next they'll be telling us cigarettes, asbestos and Mexican tap water are bad...

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No matter what policies and safeguards are put in place, some folks will continue to be scammed. It's just human nature.

8. KP4SX

True dat.

9. WB0MPB

But why do some people make it so easy for the scammers??

John, WB0MPB

10. KP4SX

As strange as it may seem some people have too much faith in their fellow man.

WB0MPB likes this.