Best Way to Mount a 2 Meter 1/4 Groundplane

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by N1QWI, Jun 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N1QWI

N1QWI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone,

Can you give me some links to photos or videos of 2 meter groundplanes mounted outside a bedroom window? I'm trying to find the best way to mount my antenna either directly to the house (if the radials will not run into it) or off the window ledge.

Thanks!
    Daniel

2. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

No photos here but if you have eaves over your window you could suspend with fishing line. Just make a little loop at the top of the element to attach the line to.

Otherwise I would nail a stick to the windowsill and cable-tie the coax directly beneath the feedpoint connector.

3. KD9KSO

KD9KSO Ham Member QRZ Page

You can always use a plant hanger screwed to the outside of the house if you can get the window open far enough to give you some working room. Use NH7RO's idea about the loop and hang your antenna from the plant hanger.

AK5B likes this.
  4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't you get it on the roof ?
    In a small, single storey house, using a small TV ant type roof tripod and a small 5 ft. mast with the GP on top is what I started with,
    and I got across the Metro area with a 25 W rig on simplex FM on 2M.
    Outside the window is a different matter when you are in a 10 floor hi rise condo :D
    What is your housing situation ?? Looks like some kind of multi family building ??

5. N1QWI

N1QWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I actually moved to a new QTH and the home has a GREAT roof. Unfortunately it is very high and I can't get up there myself...