ad: vanity

Best Transceiver for CW DXing under $1500 ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by WB9LUR, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. PA1ZP

PA1ZP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi to you all

The TS590 is not that good in QSK also has relays that clickerdy clack.
    And i find the CW RX audio and IF DSP NR not to good, it is very good in SSB but i find it very poor in CW. Also the 2 noise blankers are very poor in working, certainly NB2 is worthless.

It is a good reciever though with very good selectivety.

and for the money a TS590 is a hard to beat rig in RX.

I found a FT920 a very fine sounding RX in CW and the audio DSP noise reduction and the NB of the FT920 beat the TS590 big time, the selectivity fo the TS590 is much better but the FT920 was much better to listen and sounded much better on my ears.

Never use full QSK in CW always work semi break-in with delay of 0.5 seconds.

Never chase DX or do contests always work rag chew, so teh very good selectivety of the TS590 is not often needed at all, and my FT857D does the job often as good as the TS590S.

73 Jos

2. WB6UQA

WB6UQA Ham Member QRZ Page

The Ten Tec Eagle comes with a ATU, 600 khz roofing, a 2.4 roofing and a noise blanker included.

3. N1EU

N1EU Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree, if you need to buy a new cw rig for $1500, you can't beat the Ten-Tec Eagle.

73 Barry N1EU

4. THEWINMAN

THEWINMAN QRZ Member

้็์้Hey man! FT817 is an interesting option.

5. WC5B

WC5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Ten Tec Eagle hands down. Stay away from Yeasu if CW is your passion. Adjacent signals will drive you MAD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.