ad: Stlouis-1

Best Multiband QRO Vertical with solid radias no guiding wire

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by LX1UN, Nov 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. LX1UN

LX1UN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello
    I am looking for a Multi-band vertical and have the following criteria s:
    No guiding wire
    Solid radials
    QRO design 1,5 kw
    20m and 40m to be included
    On teh web i found 1 antenna only and i would like to know if anyone have tested and can report about the
    PST -1524VC Antenna ( https://www.prosistelshop.com/en/pst-1524vc-6.html ) or has an other suggestion
    Thank you LX1UN OK8UN PY4ZUN

2. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you want to buy; not build?
    The linked website is down.

3. LX1UN

LX1UN Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,

What do you mean by "solid" radials? Do you mean stiff, free-standing radials?

5. WA7ARK

6. WA7ARK

I have some experience with a 40 ft vertical erected on a hectare of steel roof. Works well 40m up. I built my own remote tuner with motorized roller inductor and capacitor.

This post is relevant to your question.

btw- this should have been posted in the "antenna" forum.

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

HyGain 14AVQ.

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

SEVERAL Freestanding 35 ft tubing radials sticking out from the bottom of a 40M vertical element ? Good engineering experiment :rolleyes:

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The GAP Titan-DX is pretty good on 20 and 40 meters.

It needs no radials and in less windy areas needs no guying; however if you're exposed to strong winds, lightweight rope guying is recommended.

The 14AVQ suggestion wouldn't work as that does require radials.

The Cushcraft R8 is pretty good on 20 and 40 meters also and "seems to me" strong enough to self-support without rope guying, but then I've never installed one in a really windy area. It has its own rigid radials and doesn't need any wire ones. I have a few neighbors using those (I installed one of them) and they're not guyed and haven't broken yet, but our max winds around here are usually only about 50 mph, and for most of the year close to 0 mph so this isn't what I'd call a very windy area.