ad: elecraft

Best logging program to use with LoTW?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by AA2HM, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. AA2HM

AA2HM Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone use Ham Radio Deluxe? Pretty nice, but you have to pay. Sounds like every year you have to pay.

3. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Go back to Page 1 and look at Post #5.

With all due respect, you'll have to forgive me because I am generally crabby first thing in the morning, but it helps to read all of the posts before commenting.

4. AA2HM

Sorry missed that one, thought i did read them all

5. AA2HM

Thanks Scott. How do you get the free version? How does it differ from the paid version? I tried to DL the free version, but have a 30 day trial it seems

6. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to the HRD home page: http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com/

Scroll down the page and click on the link next to: To Download the free version, 5.24 Build 36, Click Here.

I really don't know all the differences, but all I know is that the free version works for me... for now!

Sorry for crabbing at you!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  7. AA2HM

I checked out most of the ones you all mentioned here. Went with HRD the free version, does what i want

Thanks 73

8. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As far as uploading to LOTW the new TQSL version will allow easy upload from any logbook ADIF file. I still use Logger32 as I do not need to download the ADIF file so it is a one click operation to upload but I tried the new TQSL version and it signs and uploads in a heartbeat. Very simple, easy & fast to use once you have the ADIF file saved.

9. WB4M

WB4M Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with others, DXKeeper is the best. It is part of the DXLabs suite of programs. The preferred way to go is to download and install "DXLauncher" which is an app that takes care of downloading and installing the various parts of the suite. It also takes care of updates. No other program is this easy once you have it all set up.

10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Uploading to LoTW is pretty simple and many good programs do it seemlessly. That feature is not really a "make or break" feature since many programs support it. What program one uses IMHO comes down to other features and what aspect of the hobby one is most interested in.

I enjoy DXing. I really like the way the new version of HRD allows me to customize reports and see what DX I've worked and where. The cluster tells you immediately if you need a DX station on that band or mode, whether they are just worked or worked AND confirmed, etc etc. I can spend hours just looking at the different screens analyzing my DX. But hey, I like to DX!! Not to mention when a spot comes through I want, I can click on it, the rig tunes the frequency, one more click and the rotor turns the beam . . . really cool!

Plenty of choices out there so find the combination of program features you like and have at it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.