Best Logging program for Amateur radio

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by W5INC, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have lost my setup disc of DX-Win ( I believe it is called) and will be getting some new logging software. I don't want to re-invent the wheel here, so any suggestions from the Forum would be appreciated. I will have to import the DB from the old logging program. I am assuming the old data base will need to be input into Excel or somethig similar to get the data into the new logging program. I have not kept up with what programs are available, Thanks once agn for your suggestions.

2. K0BG

K0BG Ham Member QRZ Page

While there are a lot of decent logging programs, I wouldn't call any of them The Best! Everyone I ever tried to use, had (has) some drawback, so I wrote my own.

3. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Get Ham Radio Deluxe suite whilst it is free. If your current logging program can export the log as an ADIF file, HRD logbook or most other logging software can import it.

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are lots of good ones, but I've finally decided to standardize on the N3FJP suite of programs. I like the ability to roll all the contest logs into one main log, and it works well with LoTW, at least if you follow the most recent instructions. It won't do everything some of the others will, but for $5, so what?

5. AA8IA

AA8IA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I really like the DXLab software -- http://www.dxlabsuite.com. A few months ago I started migrating all of my logs from HRD into DXKeeper (one of the DXLab apps) and I've been extremely happy. Great awards tracking, QSL tracking, etc. There is a learning curve considering the tons of options and features available.

If your old DX4Win log backup is in ADIF format, you can import it right into DXLab.

Mike

6. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Take a look at Logger32 as well.

G3UCQ likes this.
  7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like logger32, free and does anything you would ever need a logging program to do. Does have a steep learning curve to take full advantage of all the features.

8. KW9W

KW9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep researching, and you'll likely keep coming back the DXKeeper alternative.

And, if you become a LoTW user, choose the contacts you want to upload from DXKeeper, add them to the queue,
    then click one button!

9. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Another vote for HRD, seems to have any capability you can want.

10. WA2AAR

WA2AAR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Another vote for HRD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.