Best Linux Ham Radio Software for 2018

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by W5KUL, Jul 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NC7U

NC7U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Was using Mint 18.x and now Ubuntu 18.x, with great success WSJT-X and Happy Hams JTAlert.

2. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I may have to use that then, even though I already have Mint on my laptop.

3. W7CK

W7CK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using Linux Ubuntu Bionic. I also loaded the Mint (Cinnamon) desktop. Everything is a whole lot faster than when I was running Windows on this box.

I have an IC-7300, and the Elecraft KAT500 tuner and KPA500 amplifier. In native linux I run flrig/fldigi and the KAT500 and KPA500 remote utilities. This gives me full control of the rig, tuner and amp from the Linux box.

I also have wine installed and under wine I've installed Icom's RS-BA1 Remote Control and Remote Utility software packages. They work perfectly fine under wine.

The only problem I'm having is trying to run N1MM Logger + under wine. I have everything in it working great except the spectrum scope window for the IC-7300. It just won't display the scope and comes up with memory errors which I don't really think are memory related issues as I have 16Gb of ram and nothing else running on the box. I have the baud rate set for 115200 and it controls the rig just fine. Just no scope.

I'd be extremely grateful if ANYONE could lend a hand trying to get N1MM Logger + to run under wine and display the spectrum scope of the IC-7300.

Feel free to contact me offline with my call at outlook . com

NORM - W7CK

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the original N1MM running on Linux and it took some doing. Never could get N1MM+ working and it's not supported by anyone that I could find. Switched to Windows for contesting.

5. N2AO

N2AO Ham Member QRZ Page

What version of Windows do you have Wine set to emulate when running RS-BA1 ?