Best Led Zeppelin Album

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by NN4RH, Jan 3, 2010.

?

Best Led Zeppelin Studio Album?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2010.
  1. Led Zeppelin

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Led Zeppelin II

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Led Zeppelin III

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Led Zeppelin IV

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Houses of the Holy

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. Physical Graffiti

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. Presence

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. In Through The Out Door

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. Coda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Never heard of Led Zeppelin

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I always like Prince. Even the film "Purple Rain" was damned good, entertaining and well directed.

He was a headliner at one of the big Vegas hotels here about two years ago (maybe the Rio, I forgot) and his performances were always sold out. I actually went to buy a ticket, but couldn't -- sold out.

The shrimp still has a lot of fans!

2. KZ9U

KZ9U Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow.. And just when I thought I could like you

;)

3. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

None of them. Sorry, I just never could get into Led Zepp.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not everyone gets into anything, but I have to admit the Zepp were very talented.

Then again, so are Celtic Woman and so are Continuum Jazzile. And lots of other people who have dedicated their lives to entertain others.

It's not all fun and games, these people are making a living entertaining others and I appreciate their talent.

5. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh by all means I am not taking anything away from a great band. Maybe it was the crowd I ran around with in the 70-80s. I respect the talent of all the members of the band and now that I think about I like the song Moby Dick. IN reality I am a Rush fan and not everyone is fond of their music either.

6. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I am guilty.

Bunneh, You make me cry:(!

Yee, Gads... Stairway to Heaven was like "The Bomb" for me back then. Just loved it!

Well, heck, Charley... what SHOULD I yell out when the L.S. Band screams "What song is it you want to hear?" Ave Maria:eek:?

Guilty! I AM ALSO THE (ONE?) GUY YELLING "FREEBURD" [sic] too.

I'll just move along now <"Livin' Loving Maid" droning on in background>.

My mileage does differ:) and MY vote would be for all of 'em. EPIC band. Plant & Page, whew doggie! Rock-on.

7. K7UNP

K7UNP Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW, many don't know that Led Zeppelin was a direct descendant of the Yardbirds. Their original name was The New Yardbirds. Since the Yardbirds had never taken off in the US, they decided to change their name. Keith Moon, the Who's drummer once said if they formed a band together they'd take off like a lead balloon.. and that's how Led Zeppelin got their name.
    :D

The New Yardbirds = Led Zeppelin

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. KD0DKI

KD0DKI Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to click in the middle some place cause I couldn't decide, it's just to difficult to choose.
    Kind of like fleetwood mac before they went pop I think Bare Trees was good but Pious Bird of Good Omen was fantastic.
    Allman Brothers before Duane died and then the anthology albums.

10. K5ECR

K5ECR Ham Member QRZ Page

prince, or, the artist formerly known as prince (which is it?) is actually a very accomplished guitarist. he came to buffalo in the 80's and on one set, just sat down with his guitar and soloed for 15 mins straight. i don't like his music but can respect his skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.