ad: elecraft

Bernard J. Wendoloski W3YML SK July21, 2019

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA3TVH, Sep 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA3TVH

WA3TVH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A good man and my father, my oldest friend and ham radio and life elmer.

Bernard J. Wendoloski, 94, of Avoca, passed away Sunday, July 21, 2019, at Wesley Village Nursing Center, Pittston.

He was born in Duryea on Jan. 21, 1925, and was the son of the late Ignatius and Rose Piesecki Wendoloski.

Bernard was a member of Queen of the Apostles Parish Church, Avoca. He was a graduate of Duryea High School.

After high school, he joined the U.S. Navy and served during World War II in the South Pacific. He was assigned to PC 463 providing radio communications for the invasions of Iwo Jima and Okinawa. For most of his life, he worked in the field of television and radio retiring as broadcasting engineer for WYOU Channel 22 after many years of employment.

In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his wife of 53 years, the former Mary Reed Wendoloski, who died in 1999; sister, Regina Golden; and brother, Leonard Wendoloski.

Bernard is survived by his children, Patrice Steininger and her husband, Charles, Hopewell, Va.; John and his wife, Christine, Sudbury, Mass.; and Robert and his wife, Irene, Laflin; brother, Chester Wendoloski, South Dakota; grandchildren, Adam and Eric Wendoloski, Lauren Wendoloski, Stephanie Parker, Gail Marie Steininger and Greg Steininger; three great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in Queen of the Apostles Parish Church, 715 Hawthorne St., Avoca, with the Rev. Phillip Sladicka officiating.

Friends may call from 9 a.m. until the Mass Saturday.

Interment will be held in St. Mary's Cemetery with military honors service provided by the American Veterans Honor Guard of Greater Pittston.

The family would like to thank the staff of Wesley Village for the compassionate care bestowed upon Bernie during his stay.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Wesley Village Activities Fund, 215 Roberts Road, Pittston, PA 18640.

Condolences may be made to www.kiesingerfuneralservices.com.

Published in Citizens' Voice on Aug. 28, 2019

K1LKP likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

animated Flag QRZ PAGE.gif

==== SALUTE FOR FOURTH OF JULY.jpg

========= candle_animation_1_.gif
    ======GOD REST HIS SOUL

RESPECTFULLY,

3. WA3TVH

WA3TVH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My oldest son has some interest in getting a ham radio license, he is a Captain in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson(Colorado Springs) He and my dad were close and I think he would be honored to carry my dad's call sign forward. I had kicked around the idea of taking my dad's call but I have been WA3TVH so long that it would be like me changing my name now. He would have no problem passing any of the tests.

K1LKP and K2HAT like this.