ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AE7XQ

AE7XQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been playing off and on over the last few years with a different Operating System altogether. When I first started to play with it, you had to boot it from within windows. It is now possible to download it, burn it to a CD and install it. It is called BeOS or Media OS. It can be found at BeOS Online. It is a really neat program. However, it doesn't have much in the way of amateur radio software. It does have gcc, so it may be possible to compile some stuff. Just thought I'd let everyone know of this.

2. KC7THH

KC7THH Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought beos way back when ran it on an amiga
    i was under the impresion the guys went broke and it had gone the way of the do do bird

3. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] Da last o'da dodo Boids!
    [​IMG]

4. AE7XQ

AE7XQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, I can not burn myself a CD for this. My problem is that I am using 32bit systems and the current version is for a 64bit system. I have contemplated trying to download the old version that ran on windows and see if I can't burn its image.be file with the floppy.img from one of the other versions that I have downloaded to see if that will work. Not certain if I should attempt it or not. There is a good possibility that may not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.