ad: M2Ant-1

Belton this weekend? March 14, 2020

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KJ5T, Mar 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The new in, Is kicking each others shoes.

2. WD5GWY

WD5GWY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, much smaller crowd than usual. But, overall, still pretty nice. Commercial vendors that normally show up, (like Flex Radio just 50 miles south of Belton)
    didn't show up. One I did hope would show up "The Wireman" didn't show either. Guess, I'll just have to order from him online!.
    I just hope that HAMCOM in Plano, TX will still be going as it is an ARRL event.
    James
    WD5GWY

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Bummer. I hope you had a good time.

Don't count on the ARRL to make a better turn out in Plano, If they did not support the one in Belton.

4. WD5GWY

WD5GWY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Belton isn't an ARRL event. But, I am hoping things will level out and HAMCOM will still go on. I know people will not show up for the same reasons
    that other events around the country are being canceled or low attendance.
    Those that did make the Belton hamfest, varied in age from 3 year olds all the way to guys in their 80's. I'm almost 70 and I couldn't see not going and
    setting up. (a good friend and I usually try to get a couple of tables inside to avoid bad weather.......and being closer to the bathrooms! :) )
    I did get to see quite a few people I know that attend the spring and fall Belton hamfests. So, it wasn't a complete bust.
    Besides, I bought a project TS-930S and a very good working ICOM 7100.
    Altogether, things worked out well.
    James
    WD5GWY
    (oh, and one lucky ham bought a very good matchbox I had)