ad: wmr-1

Being harassed....

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WA8MEA, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

>Please - quit beating around the bush.<

Why don't YOU just cool it until I get some answers.

When I get a private email AFTER starting this thread, telling me that I'd better watch what I am posting on QRZ (to paraphrase), and this private emailer states that he has been victimized himself, I am going to tread with baby steps.

FURTHERMORE,
    after making the initial post, I also received a message from a DX ham and QRZ volunteer telling me to "put in a ticket" regarding this. I also thought THAT was very strange. A ticket for harassing emails?

I am also well aware there is nothing on Google or in the QRZ search. BUT, someone has already come forward privately and has "warned" me.

So I shall wait and see if some other amateur op comes forward or some brass at QRZ verifies that qrzwatcher (at) gmail.com is (or is not) a part of the QRZ staff.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm quite "cool" and done trying to help.

I wish you the best in working out the apparent paranoia issues you're dealing with. I'm sure it will all pass in a day or two. Just give it time.

have a good night

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WA8MEA

Glad you are so knowledgeable and current regarding all things Internet/QRZ. With your reassurance of a "day" (which has already passed) "or two" - I can rest easy knowing that everything stops in just twelve hours from now.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Can I help?

5. WA8MEA

Sure! And thank you for your kind offer.

Are you aware of anyone who works as a volunteer or moderator for QRZ (dot) com that goes by the following?

-> QRZ WATCH
    -> qrzwatcher (at) gmail.com

(BTW, I see we both became hams the same year... 1970.)

6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow....I believe this post got pulled as I was reading it!

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a really strange thread

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

After a little research I found out who it is, And why.

Please post original harassing email with headers for verification.

Good Luck.

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

It's the procedure used on the site for handling issues no matter what they are. Your complaint is submitted and a ticket is generated. The ticket is then held in a queue and assigned to the appropriate area of authority to deal with it.

Not all volunteers have authority to deal with every matter. There's specific individuals to deal with specific matters on a case by case basis.

Posting your information here is not going to generate a ticket, so please submit per instructions provided by the other volunteer. Once your ticket has been received, the staff can officially look into the matter.

Thanks.

10. WA8MEA

It's the procedure used on the site for handling issues no matter what they are.

The situation is happening OFF THE SITE, at my personal email account. Not on QRZ.

Your complaint is submitted and a ticket is generated.

How can you generate a ticket regarding harassment on a personal email account from a person who is identifying himself as a QRZ "worker"??

The ticket is then held in a que and assigned to the appropriate area of authority to deal with it.

Would the authority therefore be "Live Mail"??

Not all volunteers have authority to deal with every matter. There's specific individuals to deal with specific matters on a case by case basis.

I simply asked in this forum if someone knew if qrzwatcher (at) gmail.com has ever contacted other QRZ hams, or if any moderators knew who he was. If he wasn't associated with QRZ... then I would take matters in a different direction and away from QRZ.

Posting your information here is not going to generate a ticket, so please submit per instructions provided by the other volunteer.

Once again, not an issue taking place on the QRZ website, but my personal email account.

Once your ticket has been received, the staff can officially look into the matter.

Somehow the words "stonewalling" and "deflection" are coming to mind.
    I have been belittled, mocked and rebuffed here.
    Someone suggested I go straight to gmail because I would get a quicker response from them than here. I'm beginning to believe that person is correct.

I shall pursue other avenues since the situation continues unabated.