SOLD Begali Key Model SX-BAS 469

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N9SWD, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9SWD

N9SWD Ham Member QRZ Page

I picked this up in Xenia this year. Thought I'd try to get up to speed with CW but it is not happening. This is Begali's basic entry level key. Comes with an optional set of black paddles, cleaning cloth, metal feeler gauge, dust cover, cable and in original packaging. I'd like to get it to someone who can -- and will enjoy it.

$125 shipped. Paypal preferred. I'm good in QRZ.

Here is the info from the Begali Website:

The Simplex Basic may be our least expensive key, but it is a very capable CW instrument that can hold it’s own against many far more expensive keys on the market. It is a iambic key with a heavy (1.4 kg or more than 3 pounds) cast base and gold plated components, using long springs for the return force. Like our other keys it is manufactured using NC machinery for absolute precision. Micro-threaded screws are used for all adjustments. The arms are held by 4 ball bearings that are embedded in the base, and they are made of a light-weight alloy that provides very low moving mass - this allows excellent responsiveness at high speeds even when set for a very light touch. The contacts are 925/000 silver. The key comes with a protective dust cover.
    The base of this key is made by melting and casting phosphatized iron. As a result, no two bases will be identical, even though the overall shape and dimensions are ensured by the mold. A rough uneven surface with individual patterns is characteristic for this process.

With its uniquely shaped base and finger pieces this key is not only a precision instrument for the CW operator but also a piece of art that you can proudly display! Find out how users rated the Simplex paddle on eHam.

Attached Files:

YB8QT likes this.
  2. KC1BMD

KC1BMD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you happen to have a Begali Simplex Mono for sale, I'm interested.

3. N9SWD

This is the Simplex Basic.

4. N9SWD

The key is sold pending payment.

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Unverified Sellers - are sellers who have not yet completed the Verified User program at QRZ.
    As of July 1, 2019, only Verified sellers will be permitted to list in this forum.