Be ware of Kelvin Yeppes/ David Finger from Thorton,Co

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KI4TIB, Jan 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That name is not unknown around here.

2. KC3EPA

KC3EPA Ham Member QRZ Page

One thing I have learned.
    I only use PayPal for online shopping from private sellers.
    If the item does not track to your house refund in 3 days.
    If you do not like the item guaranteed money back.
    If it is defective guaranteed money back.
    You can send it back up to 6 months or wait that long to claim.
    They always side with buyer.

Sending a MO is like sending cash.
    The USPS will investigate if you know all the ropes.

PayPal only allows sellers with verified bank account and verifiable identity.
    Many credit card companies have same protection.
    Never send cash check or MO.

3. AA4R

AA4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

David Finger, 12120 Colorado Blvd, Thornton, Co still at it. I posted a WTB Cushcraft R5. Today received an e-mail with a picture posted in QRZ.com by K1KOB who had a R5 for sale several months ago. He offered it to me for $150, WalMart to WalMart Transfer or Money Order, no PayPal. After several e-mails I asked for his callsign and he said K1KOB, which I knew was not correct. Told him to get lost. His e-mail is jacob fulp <jacobfulps@gmail .com. Be careful. I searched for amateur licenses in Thornton, but none turned up for this address. Bill, AA4R

WB4IVF likes this.
  4. KI4TIB

KI4TIB Ham Member QRZ Page

John, glad you were savvy and I hope that i helped everyone watch for these despicable guys!

I have had two emails from Kelvin Yepes email claiming to be his kid and that he passed away away and so sorry for all the “problems and heartache” that “Dad” has caused.

Still no tuner or refund!

5. N1JDW

N1JDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Based on past experiences with scammers and fraud, the police, postal service, state attorney general's office, F.B.I., B.B.B, etc., are not willing to pursue scammers and ripoff artists. They will either tell you that it's a civil matter, or will just keep "circulating" your complaint, until you're tired, frustrated, and willing to just accept the loss. I have been a victim of these criminals on too many occasions, and justice was never served. They are smooth-talking con artists who always seem to land on their feet.

6. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

The op stated that the street address to which the money order was sent was 12120 Colorado Blvd, and that one of the names involved was David Finger. I did a search and did find a David Finger associated with that address:

https://www.beenverified.com/people/david-finger/co/

One of the addresses listed is 12120 Colorado Blvd. Since the op sent his money order to that address, someone there must be involved in the scheme. It might be worthwhile to call the Thornton police dept. to check it out. They may be already familiar with the name(s) and/or the address, may have more information, and might even pay the address a visit and ask questions.

Howard

7. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page