ad: MultusSDR-1

Be ware of Kelvin Yeppes/ David Finger from Thorton,Co

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KI4TIB, Jan 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4TIB

KI4TIB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello friends. Watch out for these guys!

I have been off the air for a while due to life, moving and other things. Finally got to the point of dusting off and setting up my old equipment. I have antique stuff. I am missing a piece for my Antenae tuner that I posted an wanted ad for early this month. To Be specific, I have a J.W. Miller AT-2500 that I acquired a few years ago that was missing the Directional Bridge Coupler which was the jest of my wanted add.

About two weeks ago, I received an email from Kelvin Yeppes, kelvinyeppes@gmail.com offering me a complete Miller tuner with the factory coupler and cables for a decent price. We exchanged several emails and received numerous pics. So I decided to buy. We decided on a USPS Money Order as payment. I thought that would be ok, but to track it, I sent it two day express with a signature required. It arrived last Saturday. He emailed me on Sunday saying he would ship on Mondaywith a tracking number. No email from him until tonight after several from me inquiring about shipment. He informed me he was in the hospital. I thought, omg. Then he tells me that he had cashed the money order, but didn’t know when he could ship my stuff or how he was going to be able to afford to ship and asked if I could send him more money. I have already paid for the shipping.

He was supposed to be helping this David Finger by contacting me for him.

Neither of these guys have a call sign as I have discovered. Shame on me! But I was so desperately looking for a final piece of very rare gear.

Final note, there is no cancelling a USPS Money Order which I did not know.

2. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

You could post the address you sent the MO to in case they try this scam again with different names. Might save someone else from mailing out a check.

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

USPS Money Orders are a scam. And the USPS does not care. They are only the middle man, only a point of sale for a different entity. In effect, the USPS is an accomplice to the crime with no responsibility to do anything for you. I will never buy another one.

N6MST likes this.
  4. N6UBO

N6UBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. post the address. You never know but someone may do a drive by and let you know what you're dealing with.

I thought the USPS was supposed to be good about mail fraud....?

5. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This constitutes mail fraud. File a complaint with your Postal Inspector.

6. KI4TIB

Hello all, thanks for all of your replies!

I have waited patiently before I posted anything else on this, but its finally time to act.

He has used two different email addresses: kelvinyeppes@gmail.com and kelvinyeppes5071@gmail.com.

Kelvin Yeppes
    David Finger
    12120 Colorado Blvd
    Apt #D108
    Thorton, Co. 80241

About to file a complaint with the Postal Inspector!

Thanks and 73s
    Greg

7. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

A quick search indicates that there is a David Finger associated with the address. If that is the address is to where the MO was sent, you might get in touch with the local police dept. Who knows, they might already be familiar with the name(s), and might be willing to investigate.

In any case, posting your email address in your WTB ad was an open invitation for scammers everywhere to try their luck. In the future don’t make it so easy for them.

8. K4VLF

K4VLF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, call the local sheriff. Internet frauds in Florida, are a felony (over $500, I think).

9. KI4TIB

Thanks, have learned my lesson!

10. W5NNH

W5NNH Ham Member QRZ Page

David Finger just tried to scam me as "Jacob Fulp."

KI4TIB likes this.