Be aware of scam from an email

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W5BXY, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W5BXY

W5BXY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A person identified as Anna Marshall (and other aliases) address 4517 Sweetser Ave, Evansville, Indiana 47714 is sending out false Pay Pal notices on items listed for sale. The PP email is fake and says that you have received payment for the item pending shipment. I received one on an item I had listed here on QRZ. They also try the same thing with Western Union. I would never ship anything unless the payment cleared first as I hope anyone here would do the same. Just keeping you posted on the latest round of scams.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  2. AG6ZZ

AG6ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The person also answers Wanted ads here, and provides bogus documents. I just posted a thread here on it.

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

She's a real person actually living at that address but the emails are coming from Europe. She's probably the mule.

KB3VWG likes this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Are they using a callsign? What is the email address?

5. W2ODH

W2ODH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Beware of SCAM !!!
    It appears that 2 residents of Evansville, IN are running an Internet scam. I am one of several that have been caught up in this. I looking for an item which Anderson Fulp,( andersonfulp@gmail.com ) responded with a photo and asking price of $350. IN SHORT, I had send him a money order to the name and address he provided, (Anna Marshall, 4517 Sweetser Ave., Evansville, Indiana 47714 ). After 30+ emails I have not received the product or any further emails nor were my funds returned.
    > I've contacted the local Evansville, IN Police and the
    > National Association of Bunco Investigators, ( www.nabihq.org.)

We need to put a stop to this.

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

You put a stop to it by doing your due diligence.

7. W5BXY

W5BXY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry it happened. I did my best to warn everyone as soon as they tried it with me.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

We should put a stop to sending money orders to unknown people!

9. KC9TWS

KC9TWS Ham Member QRZ Page

This is kind of spooky, this is in my area.

10. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill:

File a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT against Anna. She can be charged with AIDING & ABETTING!