BC-1G,T Final Grid Circuit

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by AC0OB, May 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Scooped by ZFA.
    Don't worry about that. I'll figure something out when I get some time here in the next month or two.
    Okay but I'm probably in the group who can't tell any difference.
    How many of us are running clip leads in basically permanent connections? Too easy & I'm lazy.

I wonder if all the Chinese tube failures can be attributed to wrong orientation of the electrodes with regard to the base pins? Maybe they'd work okay if this aspect had been done correctly. I just rotated a pair of 3-400s out of my 75 m. rig and put a practically NOS pair in. The Eimac label and type silk screen on one envelope faces the show off viewing window while the other one faces to the back of the rig. They work fine and the labeling has nothing to do with electronics but evidently Eimac didn't pay much attention to where they printed the type no. on the envelope.

2. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Correction to previous post: when tubes are mounted horizontally, the plate/grid structure should be oriented to a vertical plane.

Erroneous base pin orientation from the factory was just plain poor quality control.

3. WZ5Q

WZ5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Rob!
    My shipping addy is good on QRZ.
    I will send you something to cover shipping once I receive them.
    Thanks