Battening Down for Florence

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KWH, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Somebody has to keep Bekins in business!

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope everything is OK for the folks in the path.

It will be interesting to see how ham radio operators help in the danger zone.

Looks like power is out for many.

I heard that Texas is shipping Lone Star beer to help ease the pain.

upload_2018-9-14_7-48-3.jpeg

Enjoy.

AD5HR likes this.
  3. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

The water at the bottom of the tank where the drain is cooler than the water at the top of the tank.

4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

The Gorn will take car of it!

WE6C likes this.
  5. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

So does 1 out 0f 8 Mexicans. ;)

Before anyone gets excited I used to work in Mexico and have many friends in Mexico.
    The crime is messing a lot of nice places up down there. Hope that gets straightened up one day.

Also spent a lot of time in California. I hate traffic so LA is not for me. Nice to visit. Never want to live there.

AD5HR likes this.
  6. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

They need to be shipping Alamo!
    [​IMG]

W8LPN and W4ZD like this.
  7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Does anyone else think it's kinda strange how they always make beverage supplies from beer manufacturers the very first top priority over everything else?

8. W4ZD

W4ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I can recall reading an article one time on the "top beverages" worldwide. Number 1 on the list was water. Number 2 was tea. Number 3 was beer. I was surprised, as coffee did not make the cut. :)

Can't cut off the beer supply, that would a cataclysmic, apocalyptic event. :p

AD5HR and KC8VWM like this.
  9. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure that rule applies all the time -- even when there isn't a hurricane about to wash away the consumers in question.

I don't have any kids, but the way it was explained to me by a pair of "soccer parents," is that "when you have kids, you will understand." And that particular pair did not limit their consumption of over-the-counter tranquilizers to just beer.

10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I dunno about Lone Star, but the breweries here are canning plain water for the hurricane relief effort. (Disappointing, I know).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.