Basic log program

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KI4WRV, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI4WRV

KI4WRV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Any suggestions for a new ham on a computer logging program for contacts/station activities? Best freeware, etc.

2. W4MAJ

W4MAJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Check out Ham Radio Deluxe. It's free and works pretty good. Link

3. N8UZE

N8UZE Ham Member QRZ Page

For a truly user friendly program, try out ACLog by N3FJP. You can try before buying. The price is very reasonable.

4. M3OJB

M3OJB Ham Member QRZ Page

5. SA6AQD

SA6AQD Ham Member QRZ Page

HRDL is mentioned also here is a Logger32

both are good to logg in

6. N4KZ

N4KZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Another good freeware log is WinLog32 by G0CUZ over in the UK. It's intuitive and offers many nice features. It can be downloaded from the Net.

73, N4KZ

7. WD8OQX

WD8OQX Ham Member QRZ Page

These are assuming you are using M$ - there are also some good ones in the Linux distros (built in)

I guess it depends on how you intend to use it....

8. WS2L

WS2L Guest

I agree 100%, I use the N3FJP Field Day and VHF/UHF contest software and they are extremely easy to use. In the past I have used CT but find that after not using it for any particular contest for a while that I need time to refresh myself on it's functions. The FJP software is extremely user friendly and easy to remember how to use. I just recently over the past few days started using the ACLog which is a basic logging program to keep track of your contacts. I find it easy to use and although it is not shareware it is well worth the $$$$ to get and use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.