Basic info how to confirm contacts

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AE5ZE, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AE5ZE

AE5ZE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm as new ham. I need some basic information on how to confirm contacts.

Thanks

Jim
    KF5JGA

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations on your license
    Sign in to QRZ and go to your callsign page. Click on the LOGBOOK button at the upper right. At the end of each entry is a green check mark and a red "X", click on green check mark to confirm, red "x" to reject.

Once you have confirmed a QSO it is no longer possible to edit it. So if editing is necessary, do it in advance. But then the record is flagged and it is then up to the other party in turn to confirm it, whichever it is.

3. AE5ZE

Thanks for the quick reply, I have done as you instructed, but I still am having the same problem.
    i sign in and go to my callsign page.
    I click on the logbook button
    At the end of each entry there is no green check or red x. There is a green check and red x at the top, but clicking on them does nothing.

I know I am doing something wrong, but don't know what!

I am open to any suggestions!

Thanks

Jim
    KF5JGA

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you are clicking on the Logbook tab and not on the LOGBOOK BUTTON, there are two places on the page referred to as "logbook", one a tab and the other a button.

Look at the upper right portion of your page for buttons, your callsign, logbook and manage. Click on the logbook button.

5. AE5ZE

I logged out of QRZ.com and Logged back in successfully. I clicked on logbook and can see my entries. At the top of the page I have the following buttons left to right across the top: 1. SEARCH, 2. SITE MENU, 1. CALL SIGN (which is displaying my call sign), 4. LOGBOOK, 5. MANAGE, 6. time /date (no button), 6. LOGOUT. Clicking on the logbook button brings up my logbook entries, but still no green check or red x next to each entry.

Now what do I do?

Thanks

Jim
    KF5JGA

6. W1DQ

If it were football, I'd say PUNT. As to QRZ, I have no answer unless your QSO's are confirmed and show a "star". See attached figure which is a page of my log. The column at the right labeled Confirm contains the green and red marks. Can you see the Confirm column on your page?

7. AE5ZE

I think I have figured it out, my contacts that have not been seen or confirmed by the other ham are on hold until the other ham sees them and confirms the contact. I jumped the gun in trying to confirm contacts.

Thanks for you help. 73

Jim
    KF5JGA

8. W1DQ

Of course, I had not thought of reminding you of this. You can only confirm your incoming QSO's. Your outgoing records already reflect what you believe is correct so it is up to the other party to confirm your outgoing QSO's.

Should either party edit an existing record then the edited record is flagged and placed in the other party's logbook for confirmation in turn.

If you enter a QSO record and the other party is not a QRZ Logbook user, then logically it may never be viewed or confirmed.

9. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for starting this thread - one or two of my own qustions have been answered. :DI do have one though - why does it seem to automatically pick my power level (10w!) and puts in the otheres guys box for him?

10. W1DQ

I do not fully understand your question as I do not know which screen you are working with. Perhaps this overiew might help to understand the QRZ Logbook feature. The particulars which appear in a record are under each party's control, as applicable.

The QRZ Logbook is a feature that logs on-air contacts (QSO’s) between callsigns that are in the QRZ Callsign Database. Each record in the QRZ Logbook contains information regarding both sides of the QSO.

The entries are balanced, that is each record belongs equally to each of the two stations making up the QSO. There is an equal amount of information for each of the QSO’s participants and it is processed on a Dual Entry basis, that is, when a member enters a QSO record it becomes visible as a record in each individual’s log.

Each record contains three categories of information:

1. information pertaining to station 1
    2. information pertaining to station 2, and
    3. information pertaining to the QSO.

For example, consider two stations, “1” and “2”.

· A record contains items specific to each station such as callsign-1, callsign-2, name-1, name-2, QTH-1, QTH-2, and so on.

· Other items, such as the date of the QSO, or the name of a particular contest, appear only once since they describe the QSO itself and are not specific to either station.

QSO records are associated with callsigns, not users. This is because a user may have more than one callsign, or, a user may have logging privileges for another callsign, such as a member of a club station that might have several authorized users.

KE0RHF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.