BAOFENG UV5RA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KR6AUL, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7KHZ

K7KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Universal Radio has the downloads for the UV5RA

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/5934prgm.html

I have windows 7 and could not get the W7 driver to work. I then installed the XP driver and it installed correctly!

Then I downloaded the software. Make sure the jack is pushed in ALL THE WAY on the radio, it can be appear to be in but not really in. This made me crazy for a few minutes because I thought is was plugged in.

The software now works!

K7KHZ

2. K7KHZ

K7KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KK6WLS

KK6WLS Guest

I had the same problem initially with my UV5R. I forget where I saw the fix. So, I cannot take credit for it. I read others posts who had tried it and were sucessful as well. It seems that some of the programming cables tend to bind up on the edges of the radio when plugging the program cable into the two prong mike port on the radio. So, the plugs do not seat into the radio properly. The solution, although not very pretty, is to file the edges down on the programming cable two prong plug. Basically just trim the sides of the plug - sort of rounding off the square edges of the plastic. I did it to mine, plugged in into the radio and presto, computer and software see the radio! Use caution as to not grind off too much or scuff up either of the plugs that go into the mike port. Use this fix at your own risk!!!! Good luck
    Bill
    KK6WLS

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I went through this programing today with my new UV-5RA+

I used Chirp and you need to do the download from the radio first before you can upload your memories you programed into the software.

Took me a little bit of time to figure that one out! The software that came with the radio, too confusing when compared to Chirp.

5. LDGODSEY

LDGODSEY QRZ Member

Have you been able to get your radio programmed?
    If not let me know I will help you.
    Lloyd Godsey
    Phoenix, AZ

6. AB3RN

AB3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to do this to get mine to work when I was getting the same "no reply from radio" error. Just bevel the edge about 1/8" all the way around.

7. KI7LL

KI7LL Ham Member QRZ Page

I havnt seen it posted on here but I know the comport baudrate needs to be changed to 38,400. Hope this helps you out.

Jim/KI7LL

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  8. KI7LL

KI7LL Ham Member QRZ Page

I downloaded the latest version of chirp. Changed the comport baudrate to 38,400 and then downloaded the current frequencies that were in the radio. On the same tab I deleted the frequencies listed and then filled the cells with the new frequency data and then it will upload that data.

Jim/ki7ll

9. N4DLT

N4DLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I need help manually programming my Baofeng UV-5RA HT. HELP!!!

73, N4DLT

10. N4FCR

N4FCR Ham Member QRZ Page

David

i found my wouxon programming cable. Let me know if you want to use it ill bring it to Shelby with me one day.

N4FCR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.