ad: elecraft

Baofeng UV-9R plus

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7LTL, Mar 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6ITR

K6ITR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very few people complain about Yaesu, Icom, or Kenwood HTs. I bought a couple Baofengs at first, but the Yaesus I have far outshine the Baofengs in all measurable ways. My suggestion, if anyone cares, is to save your money and buy something decent. You can get an FT70 for $150 and have far more capability than any Baofeng. And no one needs a 15 watt HT.

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. KN0JI

KN0JI Subscriber QRZ Page

The Baofeng UV-9R is spec'd to output 5 watts maximum. The Baofeng UV-9R Plus is spec'd to output 8 watts maximum. My personal testing of the Baofeng UV-9R Plus shows its maximum power output at about 7.2 watts.

3. KN0JI

KN0JI Subscriber QRZ Page

Their sale will not be prohibited, but the sellers will not be permitted to claim that the radios meet Part 95 (or any other Part) standards if they are not FCC certificated (formerly "type accepted") for the same.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have never seen a Baofeng Output what they are rated at.

Seems that the rating is input power not output power.

I have bought 5 different models just for testing.Very few people really test them. I do Just for Grins. :D

They make nice play toys with a fancy alarm to play with a repeater and a bright flashlight.

5. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I doubt that. It's more likely a combination of marketing lies and poor quality control.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Could be.

I bought a 50 Watt UV-5001 radio that was putting out 60 Watts on UHF.

It did not last very long. :( Twice...