Baofeng UV-9R plus

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7LTL, Mar 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K7LTL

K7LTL Ham Member QRZ Page

An app called WISH is selling this radio claiming to be 15 watt RF power. i bought one & its 5 watt on high tx. I emailed them thru the app & told them this & they replied that it is 15 watt. The user manual states 5 watt on high power. I’m trying to get my money back. I should have know better. Don’t buy it!!!

Attached Files:

2. K7LTL

K7LTL Ham Member QRZ Page

I did get a full refund of the money so the company is reliable I don’t know where they get their 15 W claim from. It’s a nice radio but it is overpriced

3. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Weird - there seems to be quite disagreement between different sellers what the power output is. Looking through amazon, Beofeng is claiming 5 watts on high - other sellers of the uv9r are claiming 8 and even 15 watts.

4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like this short part of on description i read, "Baofeng UV-9R Plus Walkie Talkie CB Radio 8W High Power"
    walkie talkie is what we called them as kids when we wanted our parents to buy us radios we could talk to our friends on.
    walkietalkie222.jpg
    I guess the range was not very good back in the 60's and 70's on these radios!!:D:D:D
    walkie-talkies-1-300x199.jpg
    Or kids did not understand the concept of how the radios worked.:D
    And they were CB's!!

Here is the one that I want. The power out varies from 5 watts to 15 watts and this one advertises to be 15 watts output.
    :D:D:D:D

John, WB0MPB

5. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish often has companies/people selling electronic devices with exaggerated specifications. I bought a lot of cell phones that did not match the specs of the ones that arrived. I also purchased a lot of 128 GB SD cards - never arrived.

I can say though, that Wish is excellent in resolving those kind of disputes.

Be warned...Also, I've never heard of those Chinese HTs with FIFTEEN WATTS output.

6. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I think its the battery is 15 Watt(hours)

7. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You think it's a good idea to have a 15 watt VHF/UHF Radio transmitter inches from your head?

AJ4GQ likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is it. The battery output is 15 watts.

9. W5TD

W5TD Ham Member QRZ Page

For when life is too short for QRP!