Baofeng UV-5R+

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by G6ZYF, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. G6ZYF

G6ZYF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have just got the above radio.I loaded the software from miklor onto laptop for programming.As recommended i used the VIP software.when i run it it continually flashing before timing out.Any help woth this would be appreciated .

Thanks

baz

2. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Download Chirp and use it to program the radio. Better software. Install it, set the com port then read the radio first. Then enter your frequencies you want to store them upload them to the radio.

I messed around with the software that came with the radio, then I used CHIRP.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download

3. G6ZYF

G6ZYF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Many thanks for your reply I will give it a go ...I think it could be a Windows 7 thing as I have tried it on three machines and the home page continually flickers .....Cant be just me ?????

4. 94IUOE

94IUOE QRZ Member

Do you have the radio plugged into the puter when you try running. I had that problem when I first tried installing it without having the radio connected.

5. KD0UYP

KD0UYP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had many issues programming my advice is to grab the the latest chirp daily build and the VIP and continue trying both several times until you can get it to work annoying I know but hey its a $50 ht the other thing is I'm not sure they have a working combo for win 7 I have my netbook stripped down running win xp just for my ht programming

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  6. K3NXU

K3NXU Ham Member QRZ Page

7. W9LRT

W9LRT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have put a tutorial online for getting the drivers working under Windows 7.

Visit http://www.w9lrt.com and select Resources, Baofeng Radio Information.

It is a work in progress and any feedback to make it easier to understand is appreciated.

Les ---
    W9LRT

8. G4JNW

G4JNW Ham Member QRZ Page

anyone know software that will work with a mac, macbook pro? or do i use an emulator, if so what version of windows - thanks in advance

9. K3NXU

K3NXU Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W7LPN

W7LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

any suggestions on the Drivers?:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.