Baofeng UV-5R Software.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KA4LEC, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. 94IUOE

94IUOE QRZ Member

Hi Eddie, I just joined here, and haven't even gotten my call sign yet, but I just bought the 5R+ and had lots of problems installing the VIP software. I also kept getting a com port error every time I plugged the cable into an open usb port. The strangest thing, I have a 8 hub usb port, so I tried plugging the cable into one of the open ports on my hub, and VOILA!! It read it first time, and I didn't have to change anything setting in the program or my radio. I programmed about 10 inputs with all the info, and transferred everything to my radio. The only problems I'm having now is saving everything into a dat file. it keeps telling me "Store the file name is NULLITY" Whatever the hell that means..haha Anyway if you have your puter hooked into a usb hub, try that.

2. VE3LQV

VE3LQV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same problem with win 7 , it works great on windows XP

VE3LQV

3. KD8POH

KD8POH Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ben: Looks like a most useful site. You did a good job with the Freq Mode programming, hope you will add similar for
    the unusual Channel Mode instructions.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. K6SRP

K6SRP Ham Member QRZ Page

You may also want to check out this site, there's a ton of info and help there too :)
    http://baofenghelp.com

~Steve~

6. AC9HP

AC9HP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the UV-5RAX+

I purchased it without a programming cable. I read stuff online and it sounded like it would be hard to program. Since I had zero dollars and lots of time I just googled how to program and found some guides.

As a new Ham the things that had to figure out was what a frequency shift was and what an offset meant.

Once I had that down it wasn't hard. However with the Baofeng at least when you program the receive frequency for most repeaters you then have to change the frequency to the offset frequency for the transmit frequency. that isn't really explained anywhere and even it wasn't it would be hard as a new ham to understand.

Now that I know how program it I don't know that I will purchase the cable.. I could see how it might be nice if I travel often and want to update everything often but I live and work in the same area so my 20-25 channels is enough.

I have thought about getting a second baofeng to program other less used frequencies on to act as a "scanner". they are certainly cheap enough.

7. WP4SE

WP4SE Guest

Saludos: Primero Tienes que saber cual Version Tiene El Radio, Con el # 3 Presionado Prende el Radio y Tedira la Version y esa es la que vas a usar.

8. K3NXU

K3NXU Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K6JE

K6JE Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike: Would you kindly email me a copy also for the UV 5R. Using Win 7/ 64 bit
    Tnx, 73
    K6JE <jwong@redshift.com>

10. K3NXU

K3NXU Ham Member QRZ Page

The Prolific Windows Drivers for the UV5R, they can be found at http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/ under Drivers and USB Cables.
    The factory software and CHIRP can be found in the software section.
    Hope this helps…
    John K3NXU
    http://www.miklor.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.