Baofeng UV-5R, Receive Fine from Repeater, But Transmission is Low Volume

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KD9DXZ, Jun 9, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In Frequency mode: menu -> 5 Wide/Narrow selects between wide deviation (5 kHz) vs narrow (2.5 kHz)

2. KM4THF

KM4THF Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger that on the WIDE. it is set to wide.... Having the same issue as this thread so I am trying to not start a new thread... the BAOFENG will not TX. I heart a lot of traffic, but when I chime in, I get no response.... I am using the settings from a working Baofeng... NOT THE FILE.... I opened his file and copied and pasted the lines of RPTRS and I assume his is working... he is in the radio club... a lot of assumption going on I know but.... I'm new....

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. I can hit our 2m club repeater on 1/2 watt plus losses from some vintage coax, from about 23 miles -- any my ground plane is only 8' high. It takes a 5-watt HT to do the same, from the back yard.

4. N4QFY

N4QFY Ham Member QRZ Page

I did this but I didn't remove the cover first. I used a drill bit in my hand to carefully and slowly open up the hole. Just be sure not to slip when it breaks through. A drill bit through the mic won't help it.

5. KM4BLG

KM4BLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Like previously stated, check you're on WFM and get a better antenna. If that doesn't work try using a speaker mic. I've had issue with Baofengs having crappy mics or not enough of a hole drilled for sound to reach the mic.