ad: vanity

Baofeng DM-1702 - unable to program

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by M0XEC, Dec 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet Windows 10 does not like that at all.

upload_2021-4-3_15-36-15.png

2. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not I'm running Win 10 64 bit with latest upgrades. Didn't even blink.

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. ON3DSO

ON3DSO Ham Member QRZ Page

i have a baofeng DM-1702 with firware ver. L05.01.005.

I have the same problem as you and therefore could not read or program the device. After a long search I found a solution, namely in software for another device, namely the Retevis RT-72. Which is identical to the Baofeng DM-1702. From a particular firmware ver. you can no longer program the device with the Baofeng software.
    But with this one you can program it. Apparently Baofeng neglects to update their programming software. You can download the good software on the following page;

https://www.retevis.com/RT72-FPP-Dual-Band-Ham-Radio-Built-in-GPS#A9185A-J9143A-C9054A

When you have opened the internet page, you will see the portable device. At the top right next to the type of device RT72 you will see a link support. if you click on it you will be taken to the next field. then click on FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE and you can download the files.

RT72-USB-Drive
    RT72_Contact_data_softwarev1-00-08
    RT72_programming_softwarev1-0-00

Then install RT72_programming_softwarev1-00-0 and connect the device and test.

If there are problems with the USB drivers, they are the same for both devices.

It works perfectly for me to program the device.
    grts ON3DSO Stefaan 73""

ps I have downloaded all 3 files, if there are still problems or questions or other solutions you can contact me by mail. You can find my contact details at QRZ.com

4. TA3OT

TA3OT QRZ Member

Hello all,

I used this USB driver files and when I updated driver(previously seems as a printer) I am facing with an error in attached screenshot.

My DM-X radio has GPS option but no APRS section in its menu. As I watched some videos related with DMR 1702 , APRS section will be appeared after firmware update.

Also could you please provide a link etc for firmware update after resolving USB driver.

Best Regards
    Ozgur TA3OT

Attached Files: