Baofeng and Enforcement Advisory - Where Are We Now?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1FM, Dec 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you can't trust the FCC, and you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust?

Office of Inspector General Report on FCC lies to Congress and the Public

As a result of our reviews and the findings articulated above, we determined the FCC misrepresented facts and provided misleading responses to Congressional inquiries related to this incident... the FCC made several specific statements that we believe misrepresent facts about the event or provide misleading information... This statement is not accurate.... This statement is not accurate... This statement is misleading... These statements are not accurate and raise questions about the accuracy of additional statements the FCC made about the event... We were not able to identify any evidence that FCC staff or contractors analyzed server logs or conducted any substantive analysis... This statement is not accurate... Because of the possible criminal ramifications associated with false statements to Congress, FCC OIG formally referred this matter to the Fraud and Public Corruption Section of the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia (USAO-DC) on January 4, 2018 and provided a briefing to the Chief of the Fraud and Public Corruption Section USAO-DC on January 18, 2018. On June 7, 2018, after reviewing additional information and interviews, USAO-DC declined prosecution.

Inspector General David Hunt
    Federal Communications Commission
    445 Twelfth Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20554

https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/files/fcc-oig-roi-ecfs-ddos-08072018.pdf

How Chinese Sellers are Manipulating Amazon in 2019
    Fake reviews, variation hacking, competitor sabotage, & more

https://www.ecomcrew.com/chinese-sellers-manipulating-amazon/

2. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

To answer the OP’s question....we are nowhere.

The FCC will not get involved in any enforcement on this issue...it will be business as usual and I don’t expect the “new” VM’s will be out hunting down Baofeng users either.

Personally, I could care less if some guy uses a CCR to legally get on the air, so long as they abide by the rules.

IMHO...FCC +VM = Paper Tigers

KA9JLM, N3AB and (deleted member) like this.
  3. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey I just found out the price of Hamvention is going up!! Now that's serious ham business right there.

1 person likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be nice if they would hunt down repeater Jammers, No mater what they use to Jam.

N9LYA, KE0GXN and WQ4G like this.
  5. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Wake me up when heavily armed troops repell down from black hawk copters to grab every ham's Baofeng. Until then I'll enjoy my nap.

K4PIH, KE0GXN and (deleted member) like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That had to sting, even just a little.

Yikes!

7. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lol...here is my opinion on how I suspect the VM program will work..

I can expect to get a nasty gram in the mail if I fail to ID after 10 minutes or if I have a hum in my signal...but someone else can drop f-bombs at will, discuss all manner of vulgarities and for good measure jam away by playing some Jay Z on the local repeater or on 7.2 and face zero consequences.

When and if I do complain, Mr. Riley, (the head of the VM program) will tell me if I don’t like hearing such malfeasance, I am an idiot for not “spinning the dial”. :confused:

And to top it off, I dam sure better learn to ID in a timely fashion and fix that hum, otherwise I may get referred to the FCC for action.

Yep, sounds fair and logical me!:rolleyes:

N3AB likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That sounds close. Lets hope not, My PL tone hums. :D

Seems that the new in, Is setting up a remote to play recordings, Sending DTMF tones and whistling. F-bombs and N-bombs seem to be the norm.

Maybe the cross band repeat radios need banned also. o_O

KE0GXN likes this.
  9. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

All of mine have FCC Compliance Numbers.. Are they real who the hell knows..

10. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Try looking them up on the FCC ID Search.

That worked for my Yaesu FT-817. But entering the data required a couple of tries. The label says FCC ID:K66FT-817. The search page has two data entry boxes, the correct combo that worked was "Grantee Code" K66 and "Product Code" FT-817.

Good luck. :)