ad: AlphaRF-1

Bandwidth and SDR Reception

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by KC3EPA, Mar 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like a great all in one processor!
    Sign me up for one!
    Bet they sell like hotcakes!

2. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

Brett, welcome to the test team! I sent an email to you with some questions.

Now that spring is here, and that nasty S*%W (excuse the four-letter word) is all gone, would you rather be out riding your motorcycle and enjoying all the spring fragrances, or sniffing solder smoke? There are LOTS of resistors and capacitors to nail down. It will take several hours to assemble, but it is simple and straightforward. Just one little bitty 14-pin surface mount device, but there was also one in the power supply board for version one.

Let me know if you would like to start with a board and a bag of parts, or a populated, tested, and calibrated processor. I believe you made your enclosure large enough to accommodate this upgrade with ease. I recall one of the features you desired was the ability to use differential send and return lines for inserts, possibly for an equalizer. You probably will not need that, but we did allow for this optional "customization" in the board design.

3. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

That's in a future release, but for now, it's a flip of a switch (or twist of a pot if you decide to mod it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were generated using a pink noise source, 150uS pre-emphasis, 3dB of limiting, 0.5dB of clipping, and dual Butterworth SCAF chips in tandem.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice. :cool:

I like pink. :)

5. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice looking board ! Just to clarify, what I will be doing is Digital Signal Processing and not analog. Essentially what you get in a Flex or similar, but in the audio domain, and a self-contained unit.

With DSP, I should be able to make brick-wall filters with virtually no phase shift in the passband. This can be done with DSP.

AC0OB and W8KHK like this.
  6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah but having a stink tube... aka breather pipe... on your antique vehicle adds to the nostalgia. I sort of miss the aroma:D:p