ad: vanity

Bandswitch wafers for Yeasu FL-2100z

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by ON5HB, Jun 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

I noted on their website they have replacement bandswitches for the Kenwood TL922

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed that too. Multi-Tech will make anything to order. From http://www.multi-tech-industries.com/rswitches.html, "All switches are custom made to our customers' specifications." Since custom = expensive, the question is how bad you want it.

The best alternative is a switch from a donor amplifier. In that case for the OP's amplifier, the resources I previously listed are likely the best:

3. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

What a project for a guy with some mini-rivets, a sheet of thin spring-tempered brass stock, a rotary tool, and a steady hand...

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't even need to make the switch contacts . . . they are the same as on lots of ceramic wafer switches, which you can buy cheap on Ebay..

All you need to do is buy some and swap the contacts onto your FL2100Z switch . . . it really isn't that hard.

Roger G3YRO

5. ON5HB

ON5HB Ham Member QRZ Page

Contacted them, but they do not make a FL-2100Z bandswitch.
    However a friend of mine is giving it a go, he restores old army radios and hopes to be able to repair/replace the wavers.

6. NL7IB

NL7IB Ham Member QRZ Page

You might try The Radio Shop, You tube video #40, Wafer switch repair. Also part 19, more on repairing wafer switches-you tube. Good luck.

7. ON5HB

Thanks but his video is about cleaning, mine has melted contacts.
    I wish it was only cleaning, but I need new rotary and contacts, in short new wavers.

Thanks for the video, could be helpful some other time.

Really need replacement parts.

8. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9. ON5HB

Finally some progress,

I contacted Keiichiro Kubodera / JA1IIV, he has a company in Japan that makes bandswitches.
    He is so kind to send me replacement parts to repair the switch myself!!

Now I have to wait and see what he ships me, but at least somebody from a company that answers and tries to help.

Yeah!!

10. W1GCI

W1GCI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've used 2-56 screws/nuts rather than rivets - less chance of breaking the wafer, just don't over tighten and use a little locktite to keep the nut tight.