ad: cq2k-1

Band Plans and Frequency Allocations

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K1IGS, Feb 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

While no one "owns" a frequency," if it IS already in use, it is considered poor amateur practice and intentional interference to start operating there. Remember, YOU may hear only one side of a QSO in progress, but that doesn't mean the frequency isn't in use!

2. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ummmmmmm........exactly where did I say that a frequency is clear if you only hear 1 side of a conversation? I wrote "it's certainly best practice to listen for a clear frequency before transmitting"!!!!! Obviously if you hear anything on the frequency, it isn't clear.

Either you did not read my post, you are just looking for someone to flame, or you're a troll. No matter, I suggest you look elsewhere.

ND6M likes this.
  3. WA9SVD

You should not only listen, but always ASK if the frequency is in use. As stated above, just because you can't hear the "other end" of a QSO doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not get on another band ? 20 M is nothing but hotheads and KiloWatts !

5. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah but I am, mostly 40 meters down in the 7.055 range. Actually I think I heard you on the other day.

6. WA9SVD

Here in the U.S., there is a difference between a "band plan" and FCC regulations. A (or any) "band plan" is merely a suggestion (often by the ARRL) and is not legally binding; the FCC could not care less. Regulations by the FCC, however mandate certain portions of each band by mode: certain portions are specifically for CW and/or data only, although CW is permissible on all ham bands. Likewise, by regulation, phone operators can NOT operate on the CW portion of those bands, and that IS legally binding and enforceable.

N2EY likes this.
  7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

The "CFOG" has no plan for 60 M, must be from pre 2012 !

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

If you hear me in a QSO, wait a few and call when I sign. I am on or near 1813.5, 3550, 5332, 7055 or 7114 kHz, fairly often.

9. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

I've actually heard you on before - I seem to get into 8 land really well.