Band Plan Ignorance

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by WW2WW, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With all the band plan information out on the net it appears that 146.475 is a simplex frequency but there are some special frequencies that are coordinated as repeaters and most are an odd split. Like 146.46 Brick NJ 146.49 KQ2H NY and 146.475 Norwalk. All 1 meg splits. Before you think you go screaming at someone I would look for the band plans published by the ARRL.

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL and other bond plans are just suggestions, not law; different regions organize their band resources differently, I wish they wiud not do that.

WA9SVD, K3XR and K0UO like this.
  3. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL's bandplan is only a suggestion, not everyone pays attention to the ARRL so not knowing their bandplan isn't that big-a-deal. Sorry 'bout that.

K0UO likes this.
  4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Repeaters should conform to the state organization that coordinated the repeater channels. Otherwise there would be chaos and QRM between repeaters.

W4POT likes this.
  5. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I honestly thought before clicking this thread, that this would be about HF.

'nuff said.

W4CWL likes this.
  6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Some operator are ignorant of the band plans; some simply ignore band plans. There IS a difference.