Band conditions better past few days?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4RAV, Oct 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

You're not, but some can't resist.

Saw a no-code comment earlier. As if that's just such a hard thing to do, learn Morse. I had to pass 20GPM in the Army in the 80s, took about 2 weeks. Which made Tech+ a breeze, even 20 years later. And honestly, if you've been doing anything since the 80s, one would hope you'd (not necessarily YOU dear reader) be a guru by now. Try something new.

There's so much on the buffet of radio, amateur or otherwise. To pick any one thing as if it's the best is a sure sign you haven't consumed much. There's just so much to try, I could live to be 1000 and not "work 'em all".

And yeah, it wasn't a propagation question, it was me walkin' in the room and just sayin' "Hey guys, what's up!?" (and promptly having someone tell me I'm being gender insensitive. :) )

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    WD4IGX likes this.
  2. W4RAV

Most of the time more ops are on other modes that require more technology than voice or Morse.

I go where the signals are! I just sold the blue one to pay for the black one. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  3. W4RAV

Anyway! :) I look forward to firing up the radio this weekend and collecting as many signals as I can. I've been off the radio the past couple days, and I'll have a good short-term comparison there, doing the same as I did then.

Attached Files:

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Signals not that strong but 10 meters to this area is open to So America right now hearing PY2HP on 29.600 and some other stations on 28.400 .

N6QIC and W4RAV like this.
  5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Subscriber QRZ Page

While playing around with an FT-817, I tossed a wire out the window earlier today and I could hear WWV. ...Things are looking up.

W4RAV likes this.
  6. W4RAV

I've only been on a few hours today, and notice the dip in signals.
    (yeah, I can see prop conditions are down from last week, but that's just numbers, I like to see the ups/downs real-time.)

Attached Files:

7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

After all, this is a ham radio forum.

8. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you get a decent earth-ground way up in your ivory tower?

[​IMG]

WU8Y and WR2E like this.