Bad advice

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0NC, May 1, 2021 at 3:48 PM.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Luckily most adults and the majority of children aren't snowflakes that would leave a hobby after one conversation with someone. If a person is not able to handle an OTA QSO, I'm not sure how they would be able to function in life in the real world. What would these people do when a boss or superior reprimands them? Will they just walk off the job?

KO4BCN, WN1MB, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I'm back for the bad advice now.

WA1GXC likes this.
  3. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Is 7200 still a garbage frequency? I haven't heard any noise there for quite some time. Of course, I don't make a habit to listen there a lot, either. But I thought that it had pretty much calmed down and 14313 was even usable again.

1 person likes this.
  4. N2UHC

Yep, I know someone like that. Always complaining that someone is using the local repeater or 146.520 or something. Yet I never hear him on 2m anywhere. I suppose he'd rather 2m be a totally dead band so the FCC can sell off that spectrum rather than hams use it for its intended purpose.

VK4HAT and (deleted member) like this.
  5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, we have a local repeater that has lots of activity, so the noobs tend to gravitate to it. Sadly, it is a fount of bad advice, crooked sellers, and general ne'r-do-wells. When we teach our tech classes, we try to steer folks away from even listening to it.

6. N2UHC

Buy high, sell low.

7. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And get the heck off my lawn!

Yes, 7200 and 313 are both in use by ordinary hams these days, by virtue of several bad actors being dead, or having been in jail, or in the hospital, or 'advised' by VM Coordinator RH recently.

Time wounds all heels, as the saying goes. Now, if the sun would just cooperate.

Sunspot number: 0
    What is the sunspot number?
    Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 2 days
    2021 total: 43 days (34%)

Here's more bad advice: Try the gas station sushi!

N2UHC likes this.
  8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Au contraire, lets all have a drink and say we didn't, I might even have more than one depending on the frequency of course.:D

9. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

National Spittin', Belchin' and Cussin' Frequency. CUUUUE ESS ELL!!

10. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool. Here's some. Git yerseff a Standin' Wavelength Meter. Put that thang between yer antennie and your radiddio. It'll tell ya your standin' wavelength. Then turn the knob to make the readin' as high as possible. That makes yer best standin' wavelength. Then unhook the meter and give it back to yer buddy Jeff, who knows ALL about radiddios.

VK4HAT likes this.