B&W PT2500 manual where to "up" a PDF?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KF7TLL, Jan 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7TLL

KF7TLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Ok just got the manual in the mail and had a PDF made of this amp.. There is NO COPIES on the old interweb and was going to share for those that needed one.

Special THNX to Barry KU3X for the manual

BAMA seems to be down with NO NEW upload button. I have sent a e-mail to the admin if they are accepting new PDF's. Waiting on answer..

meanwhile is there any other site that I can upload this PDF too?

If any one interested I can also EMAIL a copy to them.

73's Bruce KF7TLL

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

In addition to BAMA, there are other sites that host files. mods.dk and ebaman.com are two that come to mind.
    Instead of emailing it to a few people, upload it to one or more host sites.

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

N2EY likes this.
  3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

BAMA is accepting. Sorry I missed this earlier. If you have not heard from Ed, please email a copy to me and I'l get it up. We were moving and may have missed you in the shuffle. BAMA has been relocated to the old FAA facility at the Atlanta Airport and is well connected to the internet. 73, -Bob ah7i/w4(honolulu/atlanta)

4. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

There were a few renditions of the PT-2500 amplifier. A couple by Viewstar and a couple by B&W. Your schematic may not agree 100% with the amps out there. But it should be close enough for troubleshooting by someone who understands amplifiers.

5. KD6VXI

KD6VXI Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like a copy of the manual, if possible. I purchased a PT2500A and pick it up this weekend.

Thanks, in advance!

--Shane
    KD6VXI

6. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's on Mods: http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=_other
    Scroll down to "B and W PT-2500A Manual.zip". One download per day is free after you register and login (Shane @KC6CXI has it now). :)

I have it and, if I get a round tuit, will redraw the schematic and upload to my website. :)

8. KF7TLL

KF7TLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Check your email... A copy sent

9. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just want to point out that this amp was originally designed by Viewstar in Canada. It is a very heavy duty amp, built like a tank. They did not sell very many because they could not compete with the Sb-220 and Swan Mark II in the same class for the price. If you did buy one of these you got the extra quality for your money. It was my experience that on the higher bands like 15 and 10 meters there were some stability problems at times. Newer radios do not see a good input swr on the higher bands due to the input circuits. Also, there were differences though slight from the Viewstar and B&W. This manual here shows directly grounded grids whereas other models have grids floated. But for most purposes the manual is good for troubleshooting between various models. I actually have couple of these amps along with the small PT-1000 as well. This amp is one of only a few that are really a full 1500 watt capable amplifier with 3-500's at its time along with the Henry's. No comparison to any Heathkit, Swan, Kenwood. The Amp Supply is close but still not the same, although the Lk-500 does have good input circuits that solid state radios tolerate well.

WA7PRC likes this.
  10. W4ESS

W4ESS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello OM,

i have a B&W pt2500a whose blower sounds like a locomotive. Have you experienced this & possibly come up with a
    fix? Thank you. Charles, w4ess.