ad: hrd-2

Awful-looking outline around my callsign

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by AF7EC, Mar 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. AF7EC

AF7EC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone,

All of a sudden, there's this awful-looking outline around my callsign on my profile page:

[​IMG]

Can this be fixed? It looks horrible.

Thanks! :)

Will B
    AF7EC

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the black outline is OK. Given a choice I would not have picked that font, but I can live with it.

4. AF7EC

I understand there were changes for 'security' reasons, that's fine. But really, to me, the shadow effect, with that color, and that radius, looks really bad. Kinda wish they had not messed with the 'expert CSS' options...I like my styling better.

5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

So you don't think that allowing expert options was part of the security problem?

And you don't like that BLUE color of your callsign? If you become a Subsriber, it would then be GREEN (check mine). I am not saying that any color will look good with that crappy font, but it would not be blue.

6. AJ8MH

AJ8MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably not what I would pick, but it's OK. I tend to like broad, light shading, but I wouldn't chastise anyone for using something else.

7. AF7EC

Sorry if I made it seem like I was chastising. It's a personal preference, and I don't care for the current style. I'll just shut up about it...nothing I can do. ;-)

8. AG4YL

AG4YL Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed the change and don't like it. The outline is OK, but that "balloon" font ..... absolutely awful! Not sure why that style was chosen. To top it off, it is actually harder to read as the letters look all shoved together now with no spacing in between.

AB3TQ likes this.
  9. NB8F

NB8F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The color choices you all have made are horrible. Some have green, some have blue, some have a putrid yellow, then you surround it with a shadow. You could highlight that without it being so dark. Fonts, colors, shadows are just awful. There are so many different options you could choose. I could probably design something much nicer using a different font and css in a few minutes.

10. N3CAL

N3CAL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there any rhyme or reason to the callsign color? I've noticed mine has changed from yellow to red?? Just curious.