LB 3.0 awards query

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by ND3L, Jul 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. ND3L

ND3L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my DX awards I have two problems.
    1. I worked and confirmed on QRZ and LOTW 3D2AG/P from Rotuma Island. QRZ awards says it's Fiji and up to me to correct.
    2. I worked CU3CC on three different bands, same scenario. Confirmed as Azores Island and QRZ page for station shows copy of QSL card as Azores Island, but QRZ says its Portugal.
    My question is how do I correct something that is QRZ's fault but QRZ says they can't help with???

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You just have to correct it yourself. Edit the contact. simple.
    The root problem is that the callsign database just doesn't cover every oddity like say Clublog does. But Clublog makes a concerted effort to compile the oddities right down to the individual callsign and date if need be. My logging program (Logger32) does too and I'm sure many others do as well. QRZ apparently doesn't have the resources to do that.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When QRZ analizes the award it advises the mismatch condition that, if corrected, will improve the result, see:

nd3l-a.jpg :
    Hover your mouse over the HOW DO I FIX THIS message for instructions.

The entry that you entered does not match that which your worked party entered. To resolve the issue you must determine which of the entries is correct. At that point, if your record is incorrect, resolve it by EDITING your record. Otherwise, contact your worked party by e-mail or private message to resolve the incorrect data issue.

4. ND3L

Not sure how to ask them to resolve issue. Example above 3D3AG/P is from Rotuma. If you look call up on QRZ it comes up Rotuma. The gentleman who has that call confirmed on LOTW that it is Rotuma. His call WITHOUT the /P is Fiji but the QRZaward program is not recognizing that for some reason. Thanks for answering Des ND3L

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make the change in your logbook record.

6. ND3L

Well yes I can make the change to my logbook entry, BUT that would confirm Fiji, which I have over ten of and take away my Rotuma of which I ony have one. Basically I guess it's a choice of confirm for QRZ or confirm for LOTW. I guess I'll go for LOTW. Thanks for reply. Best 73 de Des ND3L

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your award now reflects multiple QSOs confirmed with Rotuma.

QRZ did advise the nature of the problem (a mismatch). Its statement that it can no further assist applies to resolving the issue as QRZ is not a party to the QSO and therefore cannot tell who is correct. Contact your worked party to resolve who is correct and then edit the incorrect entry.