Awards from two call signs owned by me - one previous and one current

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W8HFJ, May 11, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8HFJ

W8HFJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have used three call signs while being a member of qrz.com. The first as a technician, the second when I received my Extra ticket, and the last is a vanity call. When I apply for awards, it only provides the option of the call sign I used when I first received my Extra ticket - it won't allow a change of the call sign to the vanity call sign that I now own (use). The call sign that I had prior to the vanity is now owned (used) by another operator. What is the remedy for this?

W4CXT likes this.
  2. W4CXT

W4CXT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same question. I have used 2 callsigns. Can they be combined because I had alot of awards under my first callsign and now I'm having to start all over it seems. Do I just lose all my old stuff?

3. W8OLD

W8OLD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same question! I am getting a vanity call soon, will I lose all progress towards awards?

4. W7MMG

W7MMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I just received my new Vanity call at about 2am this morning. Looking for an answer as well…

Mark W7MMG
    Formerly KG7ZML as of this morning.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Mark, you may not realize it yet but your new call will be a new separate logbook.
    Then follow the instructions shown on the Awards page. As long as there has been no change in location (like mine) both logbooks can be combined for award purposes.

awards.jpg

6. W7MMG

W7MMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the reply. Do I need to wait until QRZ recognizes my new call to create that new logbook? I type it in now and it says no calls match it.