Award granted to the wrong call sign

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by VA2GK, Oct 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VA2GK

VA2GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, not a "wrong" call sign because I still own it, but usually the awards end up under VA2GK which is the call sign I use now.
    Recently I got my "DX 100" award by merging my older VE2NSM logbook with the newer VA2GK logbook. They belong to me, all the QSOs were made from the same location with the same equipment that's why I merge them, but the award should go to VA2GK, not VE2NSM.

Any way to fix it?

Thanks.

2. VA2GK

Ok, two months later almost, I still don't have an answer.
    Hello.... anybody home?

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I apparently missed responding to this post, apologize for that.

Due to the nature of combinations, award certificates are not issued to callsigns but to the owner of the calligns that are managed by him/her; in this case VA2GK.

4. VA2GK

Right you are, hence my complaint. The DX100 award has been issued to VE2NSM while the two others to VA2GK, I would like them to be all VA2GK, since VE2NSM is valid but inactive since 18 months now. All the QSOs needed for awards are made by VA2GK.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Forwarded to Hqs.

6. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

VA2GK,

Sorry for the delay I have been traveling. I have changed the callsign on your award. Please note that when applying for an award with multiple logbooks (and callsigns) you should be prompted to select the callsign you want to use.

7. VA2GK

Thank you very much, I will try to check it out next time.

8. K9ALT

K9ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a similar problem. My Grid Square award was just approved and I wanted it under my new call sign, W0CVR. I was looking for a way to combine my log books (WOCVR and K9ALT) but I was only allowed to choose my old call K9ALT when I applied for the award. Can it be changed on the award to my present call sign? Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. W1DQ

In the case of the grid award, all contacts must be made from within a single grid square and originate within a 50 mile radius of a given geographic point; see rules: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/static/qrz/operating-award-rules-v1.pdf
    K9ALT qualifies; W0CVR has yet to.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  10. K9ALT

K9ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did read the rules but W0CVR and K9ALT are one and the same person and license holder. So I figured the current call sign would go on the award. Well, rules are rules!