Average Age of CW operators from my log

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA4OO, Sep 17, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

To N4UP ; That's cool, tell me more about this. You gave times how about location? TNX 73/77 lane de n8aft

2. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

As you wish .... wonder how Valerie would look in something like that...?

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I think another problem is the way young Teens and "Tweens" all seem to have cellphones. Why learn about radio communicatiions and Morse when you have a Instant communications with a cellphone in your face from age ten !!!

2I0GYL likes this.
  4. 2I0GYL

2I0GYL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi grace here,
    I am 12 years old and hold a intermediate UK licence,
    I am learning morse at the minute getting close to doing the 5wpm with characters at 12wpm test my goal is is to get 12 wpm at 12 years hihi
    I am doing 10min sessions when I can,live on VHF 2m a white stick operator is helping me Robert mi0gdo
    73's from N.Ireland byeeeeee

KP4SX likes this.
  5. 2I0GYL

thats why you have to get us youngsters before that a radio is always on in our house and cars the older hams always help me has I have heard them for years and know that I operate right still learning tho you guys need to pass on your skills please remeber some one helped you at the start

AC8UN likes this.
  6. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

Grace that is awesome. You will certainly have a unique skill among your peers and likely encourage some of them to enter the hobby as well.

2I0GYL and MI0YLT like this.
  7. 2I0GYL

do you want too learn Irish dancing too I am very good at that lol

8. 2I0GYL

My big sister summer 2i0ylt has the ham exam she is 14 my wee sister Savannah 9 knows the phonetic alphabet the block diagrams of a transmitter and receiver has well as her colour codes and will be doing the ham exam next year. My small brother is 6 and regularly has greeting messages with other hams and knows how too call cq he hears this quite a lot lol
    Thanks for your niceee message
    73's from N.Ireland

9. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet you are good at it! No, one dance at a time. A few years and maybe I'll remember my left from my right.

MI0YLT likes this.
  10. MI0YLT

MI0YLT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

She is good at it and so am I
    Irish dancing might be easier for you its like cw it makes the same sounds ;)
    :p