Automate syncing with LoTW, eQSL, and other online logbooks

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by N2IPH, Jan 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it possible to enable my QRZ logbook synchronize daily with LoTW and eQSL?

Have a user option to setup and enable periodic sync with other logbooks would be helpful to everyone.

* eliminates the chance of forgetting to upload logs which will help ensure that everyones log entries get confirmed sooner. this will help with cleaning up contest logs sooner.
    * may reduce load on QRZ and other servers by eliminating multiple manual uploads/downloads by users throughout the day as syncing could be scheduled for times of low server load or break up syncing of logs by reigons.
    * maintain option for manual sync by users.

YF8RQN, BH1VCS and KG7PDC like this.
  2. NC0H

NC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey N2IPH,
    I am working on this. I currently to an automatic WSJT-X log upload to LoTW on a raspberry pi running the following script in a cron job:

upload_lotw.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

( tqsl -d -u -a compliant -x -l "Home" "/home/nc0h/.local/share/WSJT-X/wsjtx_log.adi" 2> log_upload_results.txt & )
    sleep 3
    xdotool type "YOUR-LOTW-CERT-PASSWD"
    xdotool key Return

I'm still working on a way to automate downloading the LoTW log to QRZ once processing on the LoTW server has completed. I don't use eQSL but I can take a look at that once I tackle QRZ.

Note, this script stores the password to unlock your LoTW callsign certificate in plain text... but who cares. It's not your bank account but you should lock down your pi.

YF8RQN likes this.
  3. NC0H

NC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

I currently "do" an automatic...

YF8RQN likes this.
  4. YF8RQN

YF8RQN Ham Member QRZ Page

I just tried from n1mm export to adif file, then import to lotw and import from lotw to qrz.com.
    if there are applications that can synchronize logs into several amateur log applications at once, of course it's better.
    :)

5. NU6R

NU6R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would also like to know if there is a better way than what I'm doing?

I'm currently using N3FJP logging software that is set to automatically upload to LOTW.
    Then, I periodically manually go QRZ.com and select "download from LOTW" to sync the databases.

YF8RQN likes this.
  6. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use MacLoggerDX and have it set to do live real time uploads on every contact made.. I log my contact to my main log in MacloggerDX, and it then uploads to LOTW, Clublog and QRZ log at the same time... If I work a contest or portable, I just batch upload after the fact. Steve NS3L

YF8RQN likes this.