Auto update

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KA8MNP, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA8MNP

KA8MNP Ham Member QRZ Page

My computer just did an automatic update and now the Forum view has shifted to the right side makes it hard to read. The other pages aren't affected. Does anybody know why? Is there a way to change it back? I think the advertisements were on the right side before and they're on the left now. I have to slide the bar at the bottom of the screen over to see the right side of the columns. Hope this makes sense and someone can help.

2. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi dear Om,
    luckily your automatic update is not faulty and is not at the origin of the issue. I have a complete network of computers running different operating systems and different resolutions and there is the same problem on all. When I do not log as a member the empty space on the left is from 25% to 33% of the width of the page with some mini-ads at the very middle of this empty space. If I log with my premium membership, the forum is "full page".
    We have to wait untill an administrator can justify this unfortunate issue. Very unpleasant !
    Best regards.

Jean-Luc - F1EPQ

3. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I never allow my computer to auto-update. I manually select the updates. Sometimes Microsoft pulls an update as it is broken.

4. F1EPQ

This is not the problem, please read before and test carefully...
    Nothing to do with an update nor with Microsoft...
    Only a new QRZ behaviour (no login or login with membership or not).

F1EPQ

5. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand the post, I'm saying never let your computer auto update. Doing so can cause problems.

6. F1EPQ

You can do what you want !

7. M0OLO

M0OLO Ham Member QRZ Page

8. F1EPQ

Hi,
    this addon has been widely discussed on the "technical forums" with its numerous pros and cons.
    For the moment the problem is only the new layout of the forum since today (without addons) !
    Regards.

F1EPQ

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. M0OLO

M0OLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi F1EPQ

Yes I know it is a QRZ issue :) As the adverts have pushed the page over for the OP, Adblock plus can remove them altogether = problem solved.
    Best wishes!

M0OLO

10. KA8MNP

KA8MNP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Guys. I see that it has corrected itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.