ad: Mountaingoat-1

Australia introduces amateur callsigns for life

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK3YE, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK4DX

VK4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

WZ7VK is available :)

VK2AKG and WZ7U like this.
  2. NA5XX

NA5XX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because propagation is that bad.

W0AQ and K3XR like this.
  3. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

And I was the lucky one to work you as VK2BOB in 2017, and VK4BOB in 2018 and 2019!
    Looking forward to your next call area, LOL!

W4LJ likes this.
  4. VK4BOB

VK4BOB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not planning to move again, Cairns in Far North Queensland as far as I am concerned is paradise! But did you work me during the week in 2016 that I was in Samoa as 5W0BOB?

5. RZ1O

RZ1O Ham Member QRZ Page

DO I understand correctly that now Australians are allowed to use their old call sign from another area? (for example, VK1AAA from VK7) Need to have time to apply for WAVKCA ))

6. VK4DX

Yes, that's correct. If I decide one day to move to VK7, I will get to keep my VK4 callsign and use if from there. Just like moving from Florida to Oregon and keeping the W4 call.

I'm not sure what the WAVKCA requirement will be, could be that they continue simply by the callsign number or they change it to the state and territory based confirmation (e.g. VK4DX will confirm Tasmania if that's printed on my card.)

7. RZ1O

RZ1O Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. Thanks! Will look for QTH in QRZ.com. Here in RU the numbers are all pretty messed up now, the only stable so far: the figure 1-7 -Europe to the Urals, 8-0-Asia

8. VK4DX

Interesting that you mentioned that, I just spent good part of the evening trying to understand the Perm and Komi (UA9F, G and X) locations and it's a whole mess.

Some are in Asia and in Zone 17 but count as Eu-Russia, some are in Europe but are in Zone 17 and some are in Asia and count as As-Russia but are in zone 16. A propper cluster-fu...dge!

9. RZ1O

RZ1O Ham Member QRZ Page

Everything is so )) The eternal problem with these Perm and Komi. Only they theirselves know exactly what zone and part of the world they are in ))) In general, they are both to the left of the Ural mountains. (the border of Perm follows the ridge line on the left) and in fact both 100% - Europe )) But it seems to me that only the contesters are always drag them to Asia and the 17th zone )) Sorry, guys, not another word on the subject of RU )))

10. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

A follow-up explaining how VK's current policy came to be.