Attention W/G stations! Pi needed

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by OH3FMF, Nov 28, 2015.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. OH3FMF

OH3FMF Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings to all!

If anyone do not need (who doesn't...) that newest Raspberry PI that comes with MagPie magazine I would like to have it.
    Please contact to me via e-mail: oh3fmf (a) gmail.com (notice, e-mail without spaceline and replace (a) with @ )...

Tnx for advance... :)

2. KC9ZHR

KC9ZHR Ham Member QRZ Page

most things that you are going to do with ham radio(passing audio anyway) like an Allstar node need the grunt of the pi 2 B......otherwise use whats handy

3. G7CKF

G7CKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly I need mine for testing kits :)

The MagPi sold out here in the UK in about 20 minutes so I didn't manage to get one. However I got mine from Pimoroni - https://shop.pimoroni.com/ - and I can thoroughly recommend them for quick service.

As to the board itself, while £4/$5 is an amazing price point, it's nothing more than a Pi 1 on a smaller board. It's a bit faster, but then so is a Pi 1 if you overclock it. So while having the new toy is great, if you have to wait it doesn't matter because in software terms it won't give you anything particularly new.

Pi 1 vs. Pi 2 for radio? Have to say I find them both pretty useful devices. But then again, I come from the days when we used 8-bit computers to do radio stuff :)

4. G7CKF

G7CKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a quick note, I'm seeing Tweets from people receiving their Pi Zeros after a wait, so it could be that there is starting to be stock in the system.

5. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

HA! We've been hearing that for months now.... but all we've seen here in the States are "out of stock" notices. I'm beginning to think that there never was a Pi Zero, and it's all been one big massive joke. (not really... but it is frustrating to have to wait 6 months for a $5 piece of gear)