ad: ARR

!!ATTENTION!!ATTENCION!! CYBERCRIME IN PROGRESS; kc2zxl@aol.com

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC2ZXL, Mar 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD4ED

WD4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying any of this reflects on QRZ.com or the job that you do. It's the fact that there are so many attempts these days? It really is getting worse right?

Thanks,

Ed
    WD4ED

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Hi Ed,

Thanksgiving until after Christmas tends to be the worst time of year for scammers. This time of year is the second worse because of tax refund season.

Lately the scammers have been using some different tactics with proxy servers and VPN's but we're getting a little wiser to these. They are also trying different hours during the day to post.

3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

No. Friends and family is set up for a reason. If someone uses friends and family to get around paying Pay Pal fees and they are sending money to someone that is not a friends and family again to skirt the Pay Pal fees they deserve what happens to themselves and I don't feel sorry for someone that uses friends and family for scamming Pay Pal and looses money.
    That is my opinion. I am glad that when someone that tries to scam Pay Pal gets screwed. Sorry but if you screw someone and then get screwed yourself then you just get what they deserve.
    John, WB0MPB

4. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, thinking about it you are right. I don't see why they should include fraud protection with something that does not incur a fee or profit on their part.

You are right about people being cheap too.

WB0MPB likes this.
  5. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just yesterday I used it to float a loan to my brother in law.

F&F has its place, and buying ham radio gear ain't it.

WB0MPB and AD5KO like this.